THE MUSINGS OF THE DREAMER

 
<
YOU DON HIT MY CAR!!!
Thursday, July 26, 2007
Ok so no one hit my car, but i did have a car accident. Today was quite eventful. Here's my story.

I had a fairly light workload at work today so i left early, besides i wasn't supposed to work therefore i felt i was entitled to leave anytime i wanted to.
I had been staring at the computer screen all day and was coming up with an eye/headache like i do almost everyday but i've gotten used to it so it wasn't much to worry about. I called up my friend and asked if he was up to see a movie. The last thing i wanted was to send the wrong message like i wanted him back but i didn't want to see it alone. It being The Transformers...totally rad movie! It was all that and a bag of kuli-kuli! Anyhoo, it was a very action packed movie and like the action was not enough..guess what happened to your girl right after the movie? I fell! Beyonce style. I swear it was crazy...one minute i was coming down the seats, the next i tripped and fell. In front of the whole movie audience, chai! Thank God he was there to catch me...talk about a savior, it would have been worse than B. I didn't escape without scraps on both my ankles and the ring i had on my finger dug into my skin and grazed me. I didn't sit there and feel embarrased for myself either, i just got up and walked out like nothing happened mehn!

We got in the car and i was just brushing off all the doting because i didn't want it to be much of a deal. We did stop by Walgreens to get alcohol & cotton balls for me to treat it when i got home. I picked up my car from where i parked and we started to go out seperate ways after exchanging pleasantries. He didn't have to get on the freeway but i had to, if i wanted to escape the traffic lights and so i did. I had only just got on it when less than a mile on,when it happened. Driving at 68mph, my car hood popped open, hit my windshield and flew over the car. I quickly pulled off to the shoulder and turned on my hazard lights. A truck pulled over also and two guys came out to get my hood away form the freeway. It didn't hit anyone and for that i thanked my Father.

I started to laugh, not because i was crazy but because the last time it happened to me in March of last year on the same freeway, i had freaked out a little bit but this time i was determined not to do so, so i laughed. The guys must have thought i was crazy but i couldn't tell them why.

I calmed down for about 5 minutes and called my friend asking him where he was. I explained the situation to him and he told me he was coming so i waited. I called my family also, to tell them what happened and although i understand their concern, i didn't think questions about who, what, how were the best to be asked at that moment. Anyway, my friend came but since the hood was practically useless we left in on the freeway and he drove my car with the bare engine while i drove his huge SUV back to my apartment. So now my car is without a hood covered up and i'm still recovering from the reality of the situation.

At this point ko si iku to fe pami (nothing can happen to me) because if for the second time around, an event that would otherwise have caused a major accident, has done nothing but leave emotional trauma and a dent in my pocket, i don't see what would. Except maybe i'm told that garri has gone into extinction...then i would die,lol. But seriously...i'm amazed at the amount of grace and favor i encounter each day. Because, but for His grace...it would probably be a different story i would be telling right now.

Trying at humor, i told my friend i must be an stuntman by force because everything from the fall and my accident is just like film trick...i swear it all happened in that Transformers movie tonight. Falling flat on your face? Check. Cars being destroyed? Check. So maybe that's my calling? Nah, i think i'll pass.

Sha i have to find how to fix that car o. I already called off work tomorrow and Saturday so i have ample time to get that done because it's not even sexy at all, carrying about a car with no cover.

Eventful day this was...whew!

Labels: , ,

posted by Perfectly Human @ 9:49 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 5:12 AM, July 30, 2007, Blogger UnNaked Soul said…

    pele dear.
    glad everything is ok.

     
  • At 11:07 AM, August 01, 2007, Blogger Vera Ezimora said…

    You're a yeye gal o! How dare you change ur link & not tell me??!!

    So wait, ur hood has done this b4? LOL. Your hood must be crazy or something. Why will it be flying off like that? This is mysterious. I find this tooooo funny. By the way, have u taken ur car 2 church? Those prayer warriors need 2 bind the demon out of it

     
  • At 8:43 PM, August 01, 2007, Blogger Izz said…

    Hope you come good with the car. What a day for you!

     
  • At 9:16 AM, August 02, 2007, Blogger Perfectly Human said…

    unNaked...*wink*
    Vera..it's not like that o! It skipped my brain, lol. And yea i think my hood don kolo forreal. As in no common respect! Me i have taken it for deliverance sha. It will not kill me before my time!
    Izz...i have come great with it already, thanks! A day i won't forget too, lol.

     
  • At 10:11 PM, November 10, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for writing this.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Perfectly Human
Home: Everything Is Bigger in....., United States
About Me: I can't say much for my self right now...hoping this arena will give insight into who i am!
More About Me
Past Writings
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© ENTER Template by Isnaini Dot Com
nt="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"> >