THE MUSINGS OF THE DREAMER

 
<
YES!
Monday, December 22, 2008
So I get off work and the little sister wanted to watch a movie and I said sure, yea, why not...
She was shell shocked!! Why you ask? Well because I hardly ever say yes to anything.
I'm the epitome of boring. I cannot muster enough energy to go shopping endlessly like normal people, (just need to go in and get what I want) I am less interested in sitting down in a large, dark theater with 'noise' that I can't control and frankly I'm not a big fan of people, period. So you won't see me at any gathering that has over 30 people in attendance, well except church. And get this, I work in the technical department in my church...so I sit away from the congregation upstairs...go figure.
So I said yes to the movies, and she was elated and dropped the idea of going to the mall with our other mother sister. After dressing up in what seemed like a hundred layers of clothing to guard against the cold weather, we were on our way.

Well would you know, she wanted to see Yes Man, the new movie by Jim Carrey and the whole premise of the movie is according to Yahoo! Movies “A man signs up for a self-help program based on one simple principle: say yes to everything... and anything.” At some point during the movies, I thought to myself, did this girl choose this movie to send me an indirect message? Because his story sounded much like mine except I’m female and I have never been married or divorced and I use Netflix not Blockbuster unlike Carl the main character in the movie.

Oh by the way, Netflix is the best thing that has ever happened to me since sliced bread. Nah, sliced bread is not the ish anymore. It is the best thing that has ever happened to me since I discovered I would no longer have to pay late fees! While watching the movie, I could totally relate to Carl not wanting to do anything else besides, return from work, rent some movies and sit in front of the tube to watch them. Except I’m watching my movies online and I make endless trips to the refrigerator to see what’s new, like I actually put stuff in there.

I don’t know if it’s the fact that when school is in session, me social life is zapped and when it’s over, I don’t have the time nor energy/patience to get is back or it’s just that simply said, I a boring person. I’m not complaining, just wondering. A few people that I know repeatedly mention that they have to do something to spice me up, like I’m some kind of bland delicacy. But really though, If I were a dish…I would be the one that stays on the eaters plate with one little scoop taken out of it and is then pushed to the side. No taste, no pizzazz, just there…

Anyhow, Carl in the movie decided to say yes to everything after he attended a seminar and without giving any spoilers, he ended up giving a homeless guy a ride to a deserted park, dated a Persian woman he found online and did the nookie with a VERY elderly woman, among other things.
I don’t see myself doing anything remotely crazy like he did, but I do intend to live a little. The world is too big to limit myself to doing the same ol’ routine month in month out until a whole year has passed by and I haven’t lived much or given much. So in the new year I promise to take small steps to live life and live it well.

I do know that I am very grateful for having life at all, because some people would want the opportunity to do the things that I’m currently taking for granted. So for that, I thank my Father in heaven and I wish you all a happy holiday! May the New Year usher in new levels of blessings, strength to overcome our inevitable challenges and wisdom to live right.
posted by Perfectly Human @ 8:53 PM  
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Perfectly Human
Home: Everything Is Bigger in....., United States
About Me: I can't say much for my self right now...hoping this arena will give insight into who i am!
More About Me
Past Writings
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© ENTER Template by Isnaini Dot Com
nt="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"> >